Monday, December 1, 2008

Swimmer Bug's New Suit

Katie's been really enjoying her swimming lessons. If it was up to her, I think she'd have skipped turkey day and gone swimming instead! (Although she did love having everyone over. This girl just LOVES a party!!!) The only drawback is that she's been getting pretty cold in the pool. I think she gets a little nervous about the water and dunking her head and that causes her to be a little more still than she would otherwise be. There's also a lot of commotion around (many other swim classes at the same time), so she may still be checking it all out. At any rate, she starts to shiver after about 10 minutes and it just gets worse from there. So, as much as she likes her swimming, I don't think she's fully enjoying it. So, what's a mom to do? Well, easy...just consult AmaZanta (my new name for Amazon this year, a combo of Amazon and Santa). And for a low, low price of "more than I should spend" Katie can be the proud owner of a shorty wetsuit. It arrived today and she wore it all evening. I thought she might try to wear it to bed. She was SO disappointed she didn't have swimming tonight and couldn't show Miss Cassidy (don't worry, Miss Shelf, she'll NEVER replace you!) But tomorrow night I expect her to be beaming when we enter the pool, showing off her very cute purple shorty suit.


PS: When did she get so darn big, and who said it was okay?

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Very sporty and totally stylish!

I'm loving the AmaZanta. You are just too funny Cas. I did some amazanta-ing too this year. Bought a ballet dvd for $1.98. Ha-that will likely be her fav gift.