Sunday, November 30, 2008

Putting Up The Christmas Lights

We have kinda' fallen out of the habit of putting Christmas decorations out. But a certain little someone has changed that. There's no chance of getting out of it. At least this year the weather was great for the dreaded chore of putting up the Christmas lights. When is the last time THAT happened?!?


K was pretty happy about it, but I think she thinks this is just a start. I tried to explain that this is WAY more than we've ever done before - and that we are most definitely NOT buying any more decorations! She's not convinced...

(Yes, that's "The Egg" - our rental car - in the garage. Still haven't gotten my car back after hitting the deer THREE freakin' weeks ago. Anyone want to trade body shop bills with me?!?)

And a few pictures from this evening. They're slightly blurry - it's not your eyes, I just drink a lot of coffee. A LOT.





If you look closely and squint your eyes just right, you'll see a WELCOME mat in front of the door. You are all welcome at our humble home for the holidays. Heck, come any time. We love visitors!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I'd be there in a milisecond if I could. One day!! One day for sure!

Your lights (and your home for that matter) are beautiful Cas!

kate said...

I love it. I love the front door and the lighted trees. It looks beautiful. I think if we had those inflatable things in the front, my girls would be glued to the window all night.

Unknown said...

Casey - your home is a holiday wonderworld. I love it! Very lovely!!