The big news of the day is that we dodged a HUGE bullet this morning when I gave K two bottles of nail polish while I was getting ready. After I finished drying my hair, I was going to paint her fingers and toes (well, the nails of both actually). She ran in screaming about her eye hurting and was almost hyperventilating. We knew she was hurt, but didn't know what was wrong. No bruising, no swelling, no blood, she could open her eye and track my finger but if we even tried to touch it, she was shrieking. We gave her a half dose of Tylenol and thought maybe a cartoon would help calm her down. It did but only as long as it was running. It kept hurting her and she kept crying. Gave her some Advil to see if that might help, but I started wondering if maybe a doc visit was in order. When she was watching another cartoon (the only way to keep calm) I called the nurse line. We ran through the checklist and it seemed that everything was okay - maybe it just hurt and our drama queen was making the most of it. Well, K had fallen asleep while I was on the phone. It was quiet but for once, I wasn't very happy about it. I sat by her until she woke up. Normally she's awake and gone, starting on her busy day. But today, she was a little groggy from the meds and kinda took it easy. Thankfully because as she was waking up, I noticed a little eye sleepy. An eye sleepy that looked like glitter. I told her to be still and what I was going to do. When I wiped it away it stuck in my finger. It was a chunk of glass! She'd had a chunk of glass stuck in her eye! She said it was feeling better but I was so shocked and scared by it. We triple checked her out and sure enough she has a little cut in the inside corner of her eye. I think that was the only piece because we've asked her a half dozen times how her eye is. Last time I asked if her eye was scratchy, she replied with, "My eye? My nose is scratchy." Okay, I guess the eye is fine now. Whew! But what a scare! Thanks to everyone watching over us. I will pay it forward. After dinner, she was able to tell us that she banged the two nail polish bottles together.
Aside from the glass in the eye scare, Mother's Day has been great. We didn't leave our home. A little bit of yard work, a little bit of crafts, a little bit of sewing added up to a nice long day. Aaaahhh! Here's K's two dresses that I finished.
The Blue One (aka The Easy One):
The purple one (aka "The Not-So-Easy One") - and yes, she does like to pose! She's quite the little ham:
She likes them both immensely and is really getting into our trips to the fabric store. She's getting the whole picking the pattern out and then finding "the perfect fabric" for it. Oh no...I've created a monster! A cute one though!
Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible women I know. Some have kids and some are great surrogates, having a welcoming ear or shoulder exactly when it's needed. I love you all!
2 comments:
Casey, I am so glad Katie is okay. You are doing a fabulous job on those dresses- let me know when you start taking orders:) Katie is very, very cute in her poses. Come on down to see us so we can get our girls together!
I'm super impressed with the dresses Cas! Katie looks really cute in them too! Good job momma!
Post a Comment