Sunday, May 10, 2009

We are rockin' the garden now!

Took a quick walk through the mounds of doom yesterday and was pleasantly suprised! Things are growing! At about the same rate as things are dying! So, if you offset the cucumbers, beans, corn and pumpkins with the radishes, peas, beets, onions, potatoes and carrots...I think we're even! Yay!!

Just so you don't think I'm lying to you (and because I really am proud that something is making it out there), here's proof:


Peas

Radishes (need to be thinned):



Potatoes (the purple ones are kicking the yukon gold's tails!):



The one bean plant that might actually make it. Not looking so good, is he? I think he needs some friends...

The last group of seed sprouts is popping out of the starter pots and is really ready for something bigger. We're going to try a more gradual climatization of these guys hoping that the shock from inside the house to outside in the elements won't kill them this time around. And, I think since so much of round two died we're just going to try planting the seeds right in the ground. Hopefully they won't just rot...

At any rate, stay tuned for more surprise sprouts and harsh deaths in the garden. I hope you all find it as exciting as we do!

No comments: