Saturday, June 18, 2011

Christmas

I think I left off at Christmas...

We had the BEST Christmas ever. It's one of those that you remember forever. We traveled to Boise with Ted and Celinda to spend Christmas with Aunt Mary and Uncle Phil. As I recall, there was some last minute problems with work that caused us to rework our trip and come home early. But, we just squeezed everything a little tighter and it was still a very, very good trip. I don't have a lot of pictures from the trip, but here are a couple that I do have.

There's an awful lot of people in this world, and I'm sure the big guy keeps track of everyone just fine. But, when you're 5YO, you simply don't take chance with these kinds of things. So, we made sure to leave a note for Santa...just in case.

It was a good thing we left a note...Santa did come by. He had a snack (so did the reindeer) and left a couple of packages that he knew would be tough to transport back from Boise.

I recall having grandiose ideas about holiday baking. But after all the lead-up to the trip - figuring out what to buy, buying it, getting it home, hidden, wrapped and rehidden, then boxed up and sent to Boise all with enough time for it to arrive before the big day. Oh, then there's getting ready for the trip while working a busy full-time job and trying to keep an excited 5YO from driving us all insane! It's a lot to juggle and I'm really lucky to have a very helpful hubby. We did a little bit of cooking, just enough to leave a couple of cookies for Santa.




We had a great Christmas but the best part was just spending time with family. Mary and Phil were fantastic hosts and we can't wait to come see their new home later this year. We also squeezed in a quick visit with the Webb family. We love seeing all of you guys and you always send us home with FULL bellies!





Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Boise without seeing Durango and Traveler. Katie loves these guys and I found myself searching for a horse camp that she could do this year. Turns out you need to be six years old to go to horse camp. So, I guess she'll be going next year!

Merry Christmas to you! I hope it was a good one!

No comments: