Saturday, September 4, 2010

Toria, Toria...I think he's got your number, Toria...

We took a trip to Victoria, Canada this year and had a blast (thanks again, Mary and Phil!). Does anyone remember that 1970's Laura Branigan song titled "Gloria"? Am I the only one who thinks of this song when I hear the name "Victoria" and then busts into song? Okay, I know I'm not the only one because Butch and Katie now do it. And, I suspect, you will too...

We didn't take a lot of pictures, but really enjoyed the trip. Here's the view from the condo. It was absolutely beautiful and we have a great spot for just sitting with a drink and enjoying the harbor activities.



We had a blast riding these little ferry boats around the harbor. They're just so quick and fun!



We did spend quite a bit of time on "kid activities" which included a trip to the underwater aquarium (awesome show, btw), the playpark and swimming in the pool at the condo. Sorry no pics of those latter two, but here's a pic of K holding a sea star at the aquarium.



We stopped at Munro's Books and looked around (beautiful building, loved the stained glass). And found Murchie's next door. Amazing smells coming from this place so we had to stop in for lunch. We actually got a 'take-away' order for lunch which included some seriously yummy treats for dessert. You can see, however, that we just couldn't do them justice! These four sweets were enough for an army! Here's a picture of the carnage after we gave up. The lemon blueberry tart got the worst of it, but they were all very tasty!

All in all a great trip, although we sure missed everyone who couldn't make it. Next time, we'll all be there and have even MORE fun!

No comments: