Saturday, April 11, 2009

Picnic Bug

Just a fly-by as things are busy with Easter and the garden that still isn't. We planted Ace and his sunflower friends out in the yard. One didn't make it - our first casualty, along with four summer squash and one zucchini. I never realized how delicate gardening is until I tried to do it with a pre-schooler.

Oh and aparently, 'someone' thinks that 15 zucchini plants and 15 summer squash plants are WAY too many, so if you know anyone that is on the hunt for some zukes and squash, send them to my house. We have plenty of plants and seeds that are free to good homes. Sigh...I'm going to miss those little fellas...

Anyhow, Katie and I had a picnic when the sun visited last week. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but K just doesn't think it's proper to picnic in shoes, socks and, heaven forbid, pants. It was sunny and warm so I figure it was a little residual sun-drunk lunacy and didn't fight it. Here's my cutie enjoying the picnic:

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Mmmmm...zucchini and squash sauteed in butter. Sinfully delish! Send them my way (;

Casey said...

You got it!