So, we've planned this vacation, this trip to the lake for months. Picked the week back in February, made reservations and scheduled the time away from work. Thought about this for months, weeks, days as I was working so hard this summer for such long hours and all that travel. And, when it gets here, I can't relax because I'm thinking about work. Well, it's not even that I couldn't relax...I was actually anxious about not being at work. Tense, testy, out of sorts, witchy. It's not normal - why can't I enjoy a vacation?!? Here's a picture of my dear hubby who thinks I'm certifiably insane...

I couldn't do a proper post because I was to honked up to really capture the trip. So, now that I've been back at work for a week I've calmed down a bit and can tell you a little bit more. It was actually a quick trip - Butch and Katie went over on Friday and Kit and I followed on Saturday (was traveling on Friday and didn't get home until 10pm). We were home on Tuesday, so it was a quick trip indeed. But, lots of fun too. We were camping with Uncle Dan and friends Bob & Xin, and Xin's teen daughters, Shannon and Rachel. Katie LOVES Shannon and Rachel and they are really good to Katie.

We were able to have a campfire and roast marshmallows, we saw a satellite and Venus, lots of beach and boating, some waterskiing, tubing, pedal boating and snorkeling for Uncle Dan's lost sunglasses. Sunday night was a great night for waterskiing - water like glass and no boats on the lake. Both Dan and Butch did a run. Dan never fails to impress us with his wipeouts (ask me nicely and I'll post the video) and that run was no exception. Butch was BOR-RING and stayed upright. Although at their age, when a fall could easily mean a broken bone, it's probably better that they stay upright. Here's some pictures of the ski runs.
Dan:

Dan, again:

And, yes, Dan again:

Butch:

Butch again:

And, a proud mommy moment that I caught on 'tape'. Katie was playing with her babies. Babies were hungry for blueberries but Katie, being a good...um, big sister (?) made sure that they washed their hands before eating! Yay! Let's just ignore that they are eating on the floor for now... :)

So we came home and I stressed more about work, not being at work, and having to go back to work. It was a terrible "vacation" but at least I got to spend 9 whole days with my little shadow, Katie. She's such a delight to be around and I think she feels the same way about me these days. Capture it now maybe it will make a difference in the teen years, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment