Diego was a hit. We got there at precisely the perfect time to be 3rd in line (2nd if you don't count the boy who got scared and didn't want to meet him). Right after I got in line, it grew instantly for two switches back around. I didn't have the heart to tell the folks, but from my experience last week, they weren't getting in the first round. No mind, though, we were 3rd. We were definitely getting in. Katie was SO excited when he came out that K climbed up onto B's shoulders (he wasn't quite ready, but managed) to keep Diego in view. (Did I mention that she LOVES Diego?) And, this week I manned the cameras while B took her up to see Diego. We had worked out our system (let the video camera run, get some of the meeting, the departure but don't worry about the middle part; snap the stills during that 'middle part') and they don't leave until they get the 'all clear' signal from me. Worked like a charm, but it also helped that Diego's head wasn't nearly as freakishly large as Dora's. We were in and out in a flash with a couple of good pics to boot. She even gave Diego a high five. We rode rides, we watched some Muttin Bustin (little kids riding sheep like a rodeo bull - HILARIOUS and I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to watch!), we ate some fair food (the jury is still out on whether it we'll live through that) and we avoiding blowing $9 on a 12" inflatable Diego doll on a string. (Sorry folks, there are only so many ways you can screw me out of my money and right there is where I draw the line.) We really had a fun time. Oh, and it's official...we are "Parents of the Year."
Saturday, September 20, 2008
A Fair To Remember
This week was as good as last week was bad. I guess we worked all the kinks out. We knew when to leave, just how many stops we really could make, where to park (and this week it was cheaper) and where we were going in the fair. It was a breeze and we actually got there BEFORE the fair opened. (They let us in to the grounds and we wandered around but it was a few minutes before all the booths, games, exhibits and rides were open.) The only drawback was the rain, but even that worked in our favor in keeping the crowds at bay.
Diego was a hit. We got there at precisely the perfect time to be 3rd in line (2nd if you don't count the boy who got scared and didn't want to meet him). Right after I got in line, it grew instantly for two switches back around. I didn't have the heart to tell the folks, but from my experience last week, they weren't getting in the first round. No mind, though, we were 3rd. We were definitely getting in. Katie was SO excited when he came out that K climbed up onto B's shoulders (he wasn't quite ready, but managed) to keep Diego in view. (Did I mention that she LOVES Diego?) And, this week I manned the cameras while B took her up to see Diego. We had worked out our system (let the video camera run, get some of the meeting, the departure but don't worry about the middle part; snap the stills during that 'middle part') and they don't leave until they get the 'all clear' signal from me. Worked like a charm, but it also helped that Diego's head wasn't nearly as freakishly large as Dora's. We were in and out in a flash with a couple of good pics to boot. She even gave Diego a high five. We rode rides, we watched some Muttin Bustin (little kids riding sheep like a rodeo bull - HILARIOUS and I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to watch!), we ate some fair food (the jury is still out on whether it we'll live through that) and we avoiding blowing $9 on a 12" inflatable Diego doll on a string. (Sorry folks, there are only so many ways you can screw me out of my money and right there is where I draw the line.) We really had a fun time. Oh, and it's official...we are "Parents of the Year."


Diego was a hit. We got there at precisely the perfect time to be 3rd in line (2nd if you don't count the boy who got scared and didn't want to meet him). Right after I got in line, it grew instantly for two switches back around. I didn't have the heart to tell the folks, but from my experience last week, they weren't getting in the first round. No mind, though, we were 3rd. We were definitely getting in. Katie was SO excited when he came out that K climbed up onto B's shoulders (he wasn't quite ready, but managed) to keep Diego in view. (Did I mention that she LOVES Diego?) And, this week I manned the cameras while B took her up to see Diego. We had worked out our system (let the video camera run, get some of the meeting, the departure but don't worry about the middle part; snap the stills during that 'middle part') and they don't leave until they get the 'all clear' signal from me. Worked like a charm, but it also helped that Diego's head wasn't nearly as freakishly large as Dora's. We were in and out in a flash with a couple of good pics to boot. She even gave Diego a high five. We rode rides, we watched some Muttin Bustin (little kids riding sheep like a rodeo bull - HILARIOUS and I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance to watch!), we ate some fair food (the jury is still out on whether it we'll live through that) and we avoiding blowing $9 on a 12" inflatable Diego doll on a string. (Sorry folks, there are only so many ways you can screw me out of my money and right there is where I draw the line.) We really had a fun time. Oh, and it's official...we are "Parents of the Year."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love the merry-go-round. such a traditional fair ride. I love it there and we can't wait to go back next year. It's where I grew up, so I know it well.
How fun Casey! Looks like a better trip around this time. Jess also adores Diego. Most of the time even more than Dora (;
Post a Comment