And, I should also explain that on top of all the grocery items for Turkey Day, we needed stuff around the house to eat now. Ole Mother Hubbard was offering us crumbs for our cupboards - that's how lean it's been around here! So, we knew it would be a big shopping trip.
We should have taken a picture of the cart in the store. It...was...full. Like we hadn't eaten in weeks full. Embarrassingly full. But, it was just one cart. Until we checked out. Yes, the very helpful checkers were attentive to our groceries and careful not to crush one layer of bagged goods under the weight of a second (or third) layer of groceries. So, yes, we pushed two carts out of the store. I can't even begin to explain how...excessive it felt. It was like a Costco purchase, except we weren't at Costco. Yikes!
I couldn't get over how loooonnnggg the receipt was. When I held it out, it was just about the right height of...you guessed it! Katiebug!!! So here's my favorite little favorite displaying the marathon receipt.

So, I hope you all can make it this year. You know we have the food for a big ole family Turkey Day. Whoa! I just took a moment to imagine what it would be like to have everyone here. That would be a crazy-amazing day. I'll have to think about that more later and just savor the thought.
And, when you think you have a BIG cart at the grocery store, rest assured that I probably had you beat! :)
PS: Check out the Spock fingers! Or is that the Nanoo-Nanoo fingers???
No comments:
Post a Comment