Sunday, August 16, 2009

We LOVE Summer!

Took the SeaDoos over to Vantage to putter around and play on a sandy beach. I just want to share this picture to let everyone know that sometimes (and only sometimes) we can convince Katie to wear what we want her to wear. She doesn't ALWAYS wear that itsy bitsy teeny weeny blue and white polka dot bikini from earlier pictures! Just most of the time...


We had a good time until I crashed the SeaDoos together. Technically, Butch ran into me. But, it's because I got in front of him and couldn't get out of the way when the waves pushed me towards him. I panic under pressure like that (anyone around for the Monkey Bread Fire knows that already). I was yelling for him to turn but he couldn't hear me. As I pledged when we were married, I did sacrifice limb to save the boats but I only succeeded in deflecting the collision. The back ends banged into each other. We casually refer to the SeaDoos as "his" and "mine". He owned his llloooonnnngggg before he married me, and I was the one fell for and drove the purchase for "mine." His SeaDoo sustained the damage. Poked a hole clear through. Well, it's not a hole like you can stick your fist through it - or even a finger for that matter. It's like a big tear that went clear through the layers of fiberglass. No, he was NOT happy with me but yes we are still married. The SeaDoo still works fine but it will need to be repaired. If I had punctured it and it sank, I'm not sure we'd make it to our 10th anniversary next week.

On a happier note, here's a video of Butch and Katiebug on the SeaDoo. (Yes, this was pre-crash. You can tell because he's smiling.)




PS: For those curious, my foot is fine. Thank you for your concern. :)

No comments: