The many adventures of our Katiebug and her family!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The Winter Blahs...
I've had a bad case of the Winter Blues lately so that's why things have been slow. They seem to be passing (at least I hope so anyhow) so maybe things will pick up on here a little bit.
We attending a birthday party for one of K's french classmates. They had face painting there and here's what K picked.
You have to remember that Katie talks a lot. A LOT as in all the time, NEVER stops! So I could barely contain my laughter the other day. We'd snuck east of the mountains for a little sun. Hanging on the beach, soaking up the sun. Butch walks around the point, out of sight and Katie says, "Ahhh. Peace and quiet at last. Daddy sure does make all of that noise and commotion. It's so nice and quiet now that he's gone..." and just kept right on going!
We have TV battles at our house - cartoons versus the news (aka Katie versus Butch). So, for Daddy Day, I suggest that we make TV Coupons for Daddy and explain that he can present the coupon and it will allow him to change the TV to the channel of his choice. And, what did K think of that? "NO! WAY!"
Trying to come up with a Daddy Day gift for Butch, I asked K if we should get him a fishing trip. "No, I don't think he would like that very much." Why not? "He'll miss us too much." Well, what if YOU and Daddy go on the fishing trip together? "No, I don't think so. I'll miss YOU too much!"
Father's Day is coming up, so I wanted to know if Katie has something in mind for Butch. She suggested high heel shoes.
Driving down the road we saw an eagle soaring in the sky and K says, "Look, Daddy! A blond eagle!"
This was not Katie, but one of her friends. It was so weird that I just have to share. When I picked her up from daycare, her friend told me they were playing "Poop and Pee" and that she was poop! Ooohhh-kkkaayyy!
Driving home one afternoon, "Mommy, there's Venus and Saturn." "Yeah," I replied, wondering where this was going. "Don't tell Earth!"
Jill and Jack went up the hill; To catch a pail of water; Jack fell down and broke his crown; And Jill went tumbling away...
We were waiting for our Chinese takeout at a restuarant that has a wishing pond. After giving K a penny and explaining what to do, she tosses in the penny and says, "I wish to become a princess!"
I'm not sure where this one came from but yesterday Katie said, "I want to wear a big girl dress just like Daddy!" Ummm, sweetheart, is there something you want to tell me?
I got a sticker today from Missy Magoo for being the best mom in the world. I asked if Butch would get one for being the best dad in the world. "No." she said. "If Daddy isn't the best Daddy in the world, who is?" I asked. Her reply: "Carson's Daddy." (aka Clint)
Katie and Butch visited work last week and I implored her to be quiet while in the office (the girl is SO LOUD!). She did great, tip-toed everywhere, whispered. What a champ! At one point, she turned to me and in a whisper said, "Shhh, Mommy. We have to whisper so we don't wake anyone up!"
Butch pulled a back muscle last weekend (a really BAD pull) and Katie had been 'doctoring' him all week. She's covered him in band-aids, wrapped him in bandages and given him numerous shots. She told him on Friday that she wants to be a doctor, just like Doctor Dave!
I was tired at bedtime and didn't want a lot of grief from Katie, so I told her, "No drama. Mommy's old and tired." She turns to me and says, "Maybe we can buy a new mommy!"
Me: "Katie, you're so stinkin' cute!" Katie: "I'm not stinky!"
It was sunny yesterday and K asks to make pock-sickles - aka popsicles but they way she says it makes me think of pock-sick-les. Eew! Those don't appetizing! "We NEED them because they keep you warm when it's hot," she explains, "and it's HOT, Mommy, Hot like Arizona!"
Katie keeps telling us that the boys are "too rowdy" to play with at school. Whew! But, we think maybe she's warming up to their rowdiness. Our blanket tents are now "forts" that need to be "camoflauged" and the other day when B was chasing a fly she kept yelling, "Shoot it, Daddy! Shoot it!" Oh no...
Lyrics according to Katie: "The farmer in the dell, the farmer in the dell, hi ho the dairy oh, the farmer in the dell. The farmer takes a life. The farmer takes a life..."
Now she wants to be Cinderella when she grows up. I guess the doctor, lawyer, computer savant comes later...
My little munchin is starting to talk about growing up. She told me the other day that when she grows up, she wants to be a puppy!
The other night I was just flat out tired. Too tired to give K must feedback when she was whining about one thing and the next. I just ignored it until she said, "Mommy, you're ruining my problem!" Then I just laughed!
I took an unexpected vacation day today. We'd had such a great weekend and the sun was still shining...I just couldn't give it up. Katie and I had a picnic in the yard and she turns to me and says, "This is the best day in the whole world!" I couldn't agree more.
We've been reminding K that she needs to eat all her meals and healthy food so she'll grow big and strong. Yesterday she told me to hurry up with dinner cuz she was starting to shrink!
Sorry folks. She keeps us in stiches most of the time but my pea brain just can't seem to retain what she says. Even when I repeat it back to myself and promist to remember. Nope. It's gone...
K and I were supposed to go the aquarium with her french class but it was snowed out today. B told her he couldn't go because it was only for people who can speak french. So K says, "Don't worry Daddy. I'll help you. Say with me....uno..... dos....thress....quandro...."
At gymnastics, the coaches have the kids "popsicle freeze" (stand still with their hands down) when it's time to transition. Today the kids were bit rusty from the three week break so when the coach called for "Popsicle Freeze!" they all kept going. She asked, "Is anyone else doing popsicle freeze or am I the only one?" K replied, "No, just you Miss Berta!"
We were baking some holiday goodies today when K turns to me and says, "We don't eat spiders!"
A quiet drive home from swimming tonight was interrupted when Katie announced, "Pumpkins can't talk!"
A Holiday "Ism". After putting up ALL of those lights and decorations, I turn to Katie and ask if Santa will be able to find our house this year. "No," she says, "He's going to end up in there." She's pointing to the prickly blackberry bushes next to our house!
1 comment:
I knew you had been a bit quiet lately friend! HUGGGGS!
Post a Comment